Monday, March 12, 2012

Pinterest Challenge


I had fun this last week creating things from Pinterest. I cooked two different things and I started a craft. I need to finish the craft still.

I made these delicious cookies from Paula Dean. I actually saw her show and then found the recipe and pinned it. The first one I ate was just OK. I wasn't too sure if I like them or not. I almost wished it had stayed that way. They are delicious and moist. My daughters loved them also. This is definitely a recipe I will keep.

You can find the recipe at foodnetwork.com

Another great thing about this recipe - it has only 5 ingredients!!






The 2nd thing I made this week was an Alfredo Sauce. It also only has four ingredients. I was skeptical about this recipe because it calls for a entire cube of cream cheese. However - the family liked it. The recipe is similar to ones you can find on the internet for Olive Garden. This one is much easier. I added more milk to the original recipe that I found.

1 block Cream Cheese
1 cube butter
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 - 1 cup milk

Place butter and cream cheese in a pot and melt. Add milk and parmesan cheese.

That's it. Pour over your favorite pasta. I added sauteed red peppers and mushrooms. You can add chicken or a variety of vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment